Scholarships at Vancouver Animation School are competitive and based on merit. Prospective students competing for a scholarship will need to complete an application form including non refundable fees.
We offer 4 scholarships per calendar year with the following discounts:
- 10% discount of the total program tuition
- 5% discount of the total program tuition
3D Character Animation Portfolio Requirements
- 1 character dialogue (5 sec. to 20 sec.)
- 1 pantomime (5 sec. to 20 sec.)
- 1 physical action (jump, sitting, balance, etc.)
- 1 walk cycle (treadmill or progressive, 4 steps minimum)
Concept Art Portfolio Requirements
- 5 life drawing gestural pieces (please label them as 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 5 minutes and 30 mins)
- 1 male character (real, cartoony or fantasy)
- 1 female character (real, cartoony or fantasy)
- 2 creatures (animals or fantasy)
- 1 environment (Natural Exterior)
- 1 environment (Interior)
- 1 tech design (vehicle, props, machines, etc.)
Regardless the program of study, prospective students will need to present the following:
- Official Transcripts
- Professional Experience (if applicable)
Students must maintain a minimum of a letter B+ grade throughout their course of studies, otherwise the scholarship will be withdrawn.
If you are already a working professional and are looking for more training or a career change, your professional experience will be considered as an additional credential when applying for a scholarship.