By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our Privacy Policy for more information.

Student loans, Lines of Credit, RESPs

Position responsible:

School Administrator


Student Manual



Implementation Date:

July 1, 2013

Date of Last revision:

December 1, 2022

Student Loans, Lines of Credit, RESPs.

We are industry artists just like you, we feel compelled to have social responsibility and provide affordable education. We compiled a list of financial aid resources and innovative programs that offer a full range of options (in no particular order) for you.

Official Numbers to Provide to Your Lending Institution

  • Private Career Training Institutions Agency: Accreditation Number: 3642
  • Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number: O19283928982
  • Employment and Social Development Canada number: 7009/12985

Quebec Residents

  • Quebec residents: Vancouver Animation School – HC962A
  • Introduction to Digital Arts – Code: 8880A
  • 2D Computer Animation Diploma – Code: 8881M
  • 3D Computer Animation Diploma – Code: 8880M
  • Video Game Design Diploma – Code: 8881A

Personal Banking, Student Lines of Credit

If you are in Canada, you can obtain a personal line of credit for students, please contact your bank:

  • TD Canada Trust Student Line of Credit
  • CIBC Student Line of Credit
  • RBC Student Banking
  • Scotia Bank Personal Line of Credit for Students
  • Coast Capital Personal Line of Credit
  • HSBC Personal Line of Credit
  • Vancity Education Planning
  • Bank of Montreal Student Line of Credit

If your bank is not listed, please contact them to inquire regarding personal and student lines of credit.

International Students

If you are outside Canada, please contact your local bank to inquire regarding personal and student lines of credit.

Note: A personal line of credit will take 3 weeks approximately to be processed by your lending institution

Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)

If you have a RESP you will need to provide information to your bank about our school.  They must see that our school is listed in these two government bodies:

Canada Student Loans

The Government of Canada offers Canada Student Loans to eligible full-time and part-time post-secondary students in most provinces and territories. Quebec, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut offer their own student financial assistance programs and do not participate in the Canada Student Loans Program. See eligiblity for loans and grants.

British Columbia
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island
New Brunswick
New Foundland & Labrador
Northwest Territories